I have a secret recipe that I'd like to pass on to all of you. Please try
to get your owner to make these REALLY delicious and economical home-baked cookies for you. As they say, "It's a
dog's life" but what would it be without crunchy goodies?
PEKOE T. WATSON'S CRUNCH COOKIES
2 cups whole wheet flour
1/3 cup rye or buckwheat flour
1/3 cup bulgur
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup parsley flakes
1/4 cup DRY milk
1 teaspoon dry yeast
1/4 warm water
1 cup chicken broth
1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk for the glaze
1. Combine flours, brewer's yeast, bulgur, cornmeal, parsley flakes, and
dry milk in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine yeast and warm water. Stir until yeast is dissolved.
Add chicken broth; stir liquid into dry ingredients.
3. Add a little water if dough is too stiff. Cut into forths and rolling out separately
4. On a well floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut into
rectangles or use a bone-shaped cookie cutter. Place on oiled baking sheets and brush lightly with egg glaze.
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn off oven and let dry out overnight.